Companies and organizations value employees with oral and written fluency in Spanish, a language giving access to one of the fastest-growing markets in the world. If you speak Spanish, you can communicate with almost 500 million people worldwide.
It means a lot of employment opportunities that could be available to you.
Would you like to take a trip to Spain or Latin America? Being able to communicate in Spanish will go a long way.
Facts you should know:
• Spanish is the world’s third most spoken language, after Mandarin Chinese and English, and ranks second in terms of native speakers. Today almost 500 million people worldwide speak Spanish.
• It is the mother tongue of almost 400 million people in 21 countries and it is also widely spoken in many more where it is not an official language.
• Around 30 million people living in the United Stated are Hispanic, and soon one out of every six people living in this country will be Hispanic. In the past, learning Spanish used to be a way to open doors, but soon it will be a necessity. Hispanic consumers are the fastest-growing market segment in North America.
• Employers all around the world are seeking applicants who can speak Spanish in nearly every profession (medical, government, legal, journalism, finance, education, sales, etc.).
• A large body of literary work is written in Spanish and Spanish-language. Films continue to receive praise from the film industry and viewers.
• Spanish is the second most used language in international communication, and an official language of the United Nation, European Union and its organizations.
Not only is learning Spanish becoming increasingly important in terms of the global economy, it can also play a major role in your own personal development. Learning Spanish will help you to become a global citizen.